Hubb, Inc. (“Hubb” or the “Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit the Company’s Web sites (“Visitors”), individuals who register to use the Services as defined below (“Customers”), and individuals who register to attend the Company’s corporate events (“Attendees”). This Privacy Statement describes Hubb’s privacy practices in relation to the use of the Company’s Web sites and the related applications and services offered by Hubb (the “Services”).
Cookies & Similar Technologies
Most Hubb websites use “cookies,” which are small text files placed on your hard disk by a web server. Cookies contain text that can be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. That text often consists of a string of numbers and letters that uniquely identifies your computer, but may contain other information as well. Here is an example of the text stored in a cookie that Hubb might place on your hard disk when you visit one of our websites: E3732CA7E319442F97EA48A170C99801
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect information about how Visitors use our Web site, including which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not collect information that individually identifies a Visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Company’s Web site functions and performs.
- Targeted Advertising. When we display online advertisements to you, we will place one or more persistent cookies on your device in order to recognize your device each time we display an ad to you. Because we serve advertisements on our own websites as well as those of our advertising and publisher partners, we are able to compile information over time about the types of pages, content, and ads you, or others who are using your computer, visited or viewed. This information is used for many purposes; for example, it helps us try to ensure that you do not see the same advertisements over and over again. We also use this information to help select and display targeted advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you.
From time-to-time, Hubb engages third parties to track and analyze usage and volume statistical information from individuals who visit the Company’s Web sites. Hubb may also utilize Flash cookies for these purposes.
Hubb uses Web beacons alone or in conjunction with cookies to compile information about Customers and Visitors’ usage of the Company’s Web sites and interaction with emails from the Company. Web beacons are clear electronic images that can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, when you viewed a particular Web site tied to the Web beacon, and a description of a Web site tied to the Web beacon. For example, Hubb may place Web beacons in marketing emails that notify the Company when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of the Company’s Web sites. Hubb uses Web beacons to operate and improve the Company’s Web sites and email communications.
When you visit Hubb’s Web sites, the Company collects your Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses to track and aggregate non-personal information. For example, Hubb uses IP addresses to monitor the regions from which Customers and Visitors navigate the Company’s Web sites. Hubb also collects IP addresses from Customers whey they log into the Services as part of the Company’s “Identity Confirmation” and “IP Range Restrictions” security features.
Social Media Features
Do Not Track
Currently, various browsers – including Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari – offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option that relies on a technology known as a DNT header, which sends a signal to Web sites’ visited by the user about the user’s browser DNT preference setting. Hubb does not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to the Company’s Web sites, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent. Hubb takes privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
Other Similar Technologies
In addition to standard cookies and web beacons, websites can use other technologies to store and read data files on your computer. This may be done to maintain your preferences or to improve speed and performance by storing certain files locally. But, like standard cookies, it can also be used to store a unique identifier for your computer, which can then be used to track behavior. These technologies include Local Shared Objects (or “Flash cookies”) and Silverlight Application Storage.
- Local Shared Objects or "Flash Cookies." Websites that use Adobe Flash technologies may use Local Shared Objects or “Flash cookies” to store data on your computer. Note that the ability to clear Flash cookies may or may not be controlled by your browser setting for standard cookies as that may vary by browser. Manage or block Flash cookies.
- Silverlight Application Storage. Websites or applications that use Silverlight technology also have the ability to store data by using Silverlight Application Storage. Manage or block Silverlight Application Storage.
Public Forums, Refer a Friend, and Customer Testimonials
Hubb may provide bulletin boards, blogs, or chat rooms on the Company’s Web sites. Any personal information you choose to submit in such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages. Hubb is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
Customers and Visitors may elect to use the Company’s referral program to inform friends about the Company’s Web sites. When using the referral program, the Company requests the friend’s name and email address. Hubb will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Company’s Web sites.
Hubb posts a list of Customers and testimonials on the Company’s Web sites that contain information such as Customer names and titles. Hubb obtains the consent of each Customer prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
Information We Collect
Hubb collects many kinds of information in order to operate effectively and provide you the best products, services, and experiences we can. Some of this information you provide directly to us. Some of it we get by observing how you interact with our products and services. Some of it is available from other sources that we may combine with the data we collect directly. Regardless of the source, we believe it’s important to treat that information with care and to help you maintain your privacy.
What we collect:
We use a number of methods and technologies to gather information about how you use our sites and services, such as:
- Web forms, such as when you type information into a registration form or type a search query into a search box.
- Technologies like cookies and web beacons.
- Web logging, which enables us to collect the standard information your browser sends to every website you visit – such as your IP address, browser type and language, and the site you came from – as well as the pages you visit and the links you click while using our sites and services.
- Software installed on your computer or other device, which may send back information needed to operate, update, or improve that software.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Hubb will use the information collected on this site to operate the site and to provide the services or carry out the transactions you have requested or authorized.
Hubb also uses the information we collect to operate, improve, and personalize the products and services we offer. Information collected through one Hubb service may be combined with information collected through other Hubb services to give you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us. We may also supplement this with information from other companies. For example, we may use services from other companies to help us derive a general geographic area based on your IP address in order to customize certain services to your geographic area.
We also may use the information to communicate with you, for example, informing you when a subscription is ending, letting you know when security updates are available, or letting you know when you need to take action to keep your account active. In our communications, Hubb complies with CAN-SPAM laws.
Reasons We Share Your Personal Information
Except as described in this privacy statement, we won’t disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent.
Except as otherwise described in this statement, personal information you provide on the Site will not be shared outside of Hubb and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your permission.
You can stop the delivery of future promotional email from Hubb sites and services by following the specific instructions in the email you receive. You may also proactively make choices about the communications you receive through this Site by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request to make updates to your contact preferences and/or information.
Please be aware that this privacy statement and any choices you make on the Site will not necessarily apply to personal information you may have provided to Hubb in the context of other, separately operated, Hubb products or services.
Accessing Your Personal Information
To update Billing Information or have your registration information deleted, please email email@example.com or call +1 (360) 949-7830. To discontinue your account and to have information you maintained in the Services returned to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (360) 949-7830. Requests to access, change, or delete your information will be handled within 30 days.
Protecting the Security of Personal Information
Hubb is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a credit card number or password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share it. If you are sharing a computer, you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Where Information Is Stored and Processed
Personal information collected on Hubb sites and services may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Hubb or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities. Hubb abides by the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Economic Area, and Switzerland. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
Hubb may retain your personal information for a variety of reasons, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as long as necessary to provide services. We regularly review our databases and conduct data maintenance to remove customer information that is no longer being used or relevant.
Changes to Our Privacy Statements
We will occasionally update our privacy statements to reflect customer feedback and changes in our services. When we post changes to a statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the statement or in how Hubb will use your personal information, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review the privacy statements for the products and services you use to learn how Hubb is protecting your information.
How to Contact Us
- If you have a technical or general support question, please email email@example.com
- If you have questions about this privacy statement or believe that we have not adhered to it, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail to: Hubb, Inc. 1012 Washington St., Vancouver, WA 98660.
© 2019 Hubb Corporation. All Rights Reserved.